Did you know that over 60% of insurance claims are due to water damages?!
Of the over 60% water damage claims did you know that over 90% of them are preventable?!
- Approximately twice every minute a home in North America experiences a plumbing related flood
- A leak of only ONE drop per second wastes about 10,000 Litres of water a year
- A Toilet that continually runs wastes up-to 200,000 litres of water a year
- Don't ignore a drip in the trap under your sink. It's a warning sign of potential serious drain problem.
- Most plumbing is hidden in the walls and serious problems can begin invisibly.
- The area around your hot water tank should be try and clean, early detection of a small leak can help prevent far more serious damage if the tank ruptures.
- Water damage is often the biggest cost associated with a burst pipe, especially if the flooding continues for any length of time. Total cleanup costs can be $5,000 - $70,000 or more.
- If your insurance company finds the flood was caused by lack of maintenance they may revoke your coverage and you will be stuck paying the total cost of the repair.
- Protecting our water supply will reduce pollution and health risks, lower water costs and extend the useful life of existing supply and waste treatment facilities.
- Although Canada has a significant amount of fresh water, we possess only 7% of the world's renewable freshwater supply.
- Studies have shown that for every $1.00 spent in communities with leak detection programs up-to $3.00 can be saved.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, more than seven times as many insurance claims are caused by water damage (17%) than by theft (2%)
- Even if water damage appears minimal, the cost to remove mold can be significant and can cause your insurance premiums to raise.
- A pipe bursts, a hose blows or a steady drip goes unnoticed for months. Whatever causes a leak, it usually results in a messy, costly problem. The Insurance Bureau of Canada reports that the insurance industry pays $1.7 Billion in claims each year for water damage.